SVNSA BOARD MEETING - 02/25/14
14 members in attendance - THANK YOU to those who attended!
Last meeting notes approved and new meeting begins at 7:08
- Approval of request of use of school facilities Reviewed by Jen. She will request additional dates for U10 Travel and O40 teams.
- Finalize position descriptions to be posted on the website Again discussed putting positions on website for all to review and apply for positions.
- Declare Spring Travel Teams 3/1/14
o BU12/LASLAVIC/LOVE/??? (4 OPENINGS)
o BU14/ ZAMBERLAN/CARRICK
o GU12/ MCMURRAY/LISTWAK/EUBANKS/BARTOS add McKinley as coach - Request Jeff Listwak coach a U10 girls team (moving the play-up U10s back to U10); forming a GU10 team,, Patrick Sweeney to assist. Declare a U10 team and keep the U12 team with the above remaining coaches
o GU16/SALGADO/FITZ (8 OPENINGS) Find out if there will be a U16 All girls league. If not, form a Co-Ed U16 team with the U16 girls and U16 boys (play-ups from U19)
- In-House Registration ends March 8.
Vice President OPEN
Treasurer: Terri Moore
In-House Registrar: Terri Moore
Travel Registrar: Nancy Laslavic
Referee Assignor: Sean Reilly Bill Davey may help?
Field & Equip: Pete Plaisted
Uniform Coord: OPEN
Public Relations: Jen McMurray
U10 Comm: Jerry DeRosa
U8 Comm: Scott Porter
U5/6 Comm: Debbie DeVries
Ref Assignor: Sean Reilly
- Fundraising (Jen McMurray) - Rhonda Sullivan Spring Volunteer - SVN not interested in doing any fundraising at this time, suggest volunteer coordinate Uniforms
- Coaches Meetings - Suggest Jeff Hoffman/Jason McMurray hold coaches meeting to include organizing coaches and possible training on rules of the game, maybe drills?
- Volunteers needed for board positions (President, VP, Sec) - Position descriptions will be posted on site soon.
- Field Day - Upper Fields/Portersville - TBD (contacts Tom Fitz/Pete Plaisted) (Volunteers - Scott Porter, Dan Winkle 3/8, 3/9, or 3/15, 3/16 - Tom Fitz to get paint and only needs a few volunteers; Jen put on website. May spray for ticks/fleas at Portersville fields. Check nets on goals in Stadium.
- Teams Declared for Spring are: Boys: U10, U12, U14, U19, Girls: U12, U16 (6 Teams)
- Open Roster Spots: 4 Boys U12 (14 max), 2 Boys U14 (18 max), 8 Girls U16 (22 max 18 dress) Contact Nancy Laslavic directly to request a place on the team: SVNTRAVELREGISTRAR@GMAIL.COM
- Concession Stand (Volunteers: Shannon Israel, Angela Miller, Alicia Palmiero, Melissa Newton - Suggested High School Volunteer to organize and run.
- Practice Days/locations for coaches: STILL TBD
o Boys U10/Quiggle
o Boys U12/Laslavic/Love/?Koontz?Humes
o Boys U14/Zamberlan/Carrick
o Boys U19/Shank/Chaterjee/Burr/Bartos
o Girls U12/McMurray/Liswak/Eubanks/McKinley
o Girls U16/Salgado/Fitz
Terri: President's meeting notes discussed - increased game scoring differential to 7.
Edinboro Open 6/15/14, 6/22/14
Paid referees must be 14 years of age
- Sponsers for Concession stand - cannot advertise on school grounds, but may be able to promise advertising on SVN website.
- Request donations for concession stand - need to find a space to house donations if concession stand will exhist.
- Per Jerry DeRosa
o Complaints he heard in the fall regarding SVN
§ Request better/timely communication regarding club news and team news
§ Request coaches training, skills/rules
How do we get our name out to new families coming into the area.
Should SVN have a Facebook page
Bill Davey to continue ITS prior to games
Bill Davey suggested that board members be available on a rotating basis at the fields to introduce themselves and perhaps field questions and concerns members may have.
- Sort through shed
- Complete coaches bags - inhouse
- Refill first aid kits, add ice packs, bee sting sticks, medical tape, bandages, eyewash.
- Send out game procedures and rules to coaches (Nancy)
- Order decals for travel jerseys